Botox® may be the one for you. You may feel that the moderate to severe glabellar lines between your brows make you look tired or unapproachable, or have other reasons for being curious about Botox®. Ask Dr. Harmeyer about Botox® to find out if it is right for you.
The treatment process for BOTOX® Cosmetic is simple. Here’s what you might expect at Dr. Harmeyer’s office from the moment you arrive until your procedure is done.
Before the Treatment
• Consult with Dr. Harmeyer to determine whether you are a candidate for treatment with BOTOX® Cosmetic.
• Dr. Harmeyer will ask you about your goals to determine where to administer BOTOX® Cosmetic. To do this, he may examine your ability to move certain muscles in your brow area. The location, size, and use of the muscles that create furrow between your brows can vary among individuals.
• Ask Dr. Harmeyer any questions you may have about your expectations for treatment.
• Discuss treatment goals and finalize a customized treatment plan tailored to your needs.
The administration of BOTOX® Cosmetic involves:
• No anesthesia is required. However, Dr. Harmeyer may choose to numb the area with a cold pack or anesthetic cream. Discomfort is usually minimal and brief. Dr. Harmeyer will administer a few tiny injections of BOTOX® Cosmetic directly into the muscles that cause those moderate-to-severe frown lines between the brows.
It takes approximately 10 minutes for the entire treatment.
After the Treatment
• No downtime is needed – you’re ready to get on with your day!
• Dr. Harmeyer will give you specific aftercare instructions.
• Side effects associated with the injection include localized pain, infection, inflammation, tenderness, swelling, redness, and/or bleeding/bruising.